COVID-19, jobless, economic challenges, abuse, broken marriages, loneliness, stress, uncertainty, anxiety, depression, and fear. This is what I hear and see around me. Just when it looks like things are going better, there seems to be more setbacks and people find themselves ready to give up on life. This reality is not only my observation amongst the people I am in contact with, but also the reality of people around the world. Everyone has been affected in some way or another, either themselves or through someone they know.
From all walks of life, people are crying out for help, relief, acknowledgment, and acceptance. If this is you today, do not despair, for God is Almighty and if you are saved in His Son Jesus Christ, THERE IS HOPE! God loves you and He hears your cry, for He says in Jeremiah 29:12 – 14 and Jeremiah 33:3 that when you seek Him with all your heart, He will be found by you and will tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.
You might find yourself in the position that you have never believed in God, nor trusted Him for Your future. This is the time to allow God to bring healing to your heart and purpose to your life. We are living in a time where we must face trials and tribulations, previously unheard of. Unless you understand what is going on, it will make you fearful, anxious and depressed. God alone can clarify this for you as His Word (the Bible) is clear on what has happened before, building up to where we are finding ourselves now and where all of this is leading to.
To understand God’s Word, you need to be in a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. It is about inviting Jesus into your life as your Personal Saviour and allowing His Holy Spirit to come and live inside of you. If you have never done this before or if you would like to make a re-commitment, please click here!
If you have never dealt with the things from your past that might have contributed to you being fearful, anxious and depressed, I want to suggest the following to you:
- Fast, pray and place everything at the feet of Jesus. As you pray, also study the Word of God, and start to apply and speak it over and into the situations that you are facing, as well as your everyday life. Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal to you, the reasons, including deeper reasons, for why fear, anxiety and depression keeps coming to the fore. These are the things that needs forgiveness, healing, and release.
- The Word of God is your weapon in any battle (Ephesians 6:17). You must read, eat, sleep, and speak the Word of God to your everyday life and challenges.
- In Jesus name, cancel the things that has kept you captive, knowingly and unknowingly and rebuke fear, anxiety, and depression, for they have no hold on you. Decree and declare that Jesus is Lord over your life. Stand firm, for the enemy will attack and tell you that there is no hope or healing, which is a lie. In Christ, you are a new creation, the old has gone and the new has come (2 Corinthians 5:17). Therefore, constantly speak God’s Word over the challenges and lies from the devil.
- Go for deliverance healing, if required. Pray that the Holy Spirit will direct you to the right counsellor who are in a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and moves in the Holy Spirit.
- Anoint yourself, your home and family with oil and decree and declare that Jesus Christ is Lord over you.
- Worship God. You can do this through music and Biblical teachings and testimonies. The key is to allow your subconscious to be fed, no matter where you are.
- God also works through medicine and therefore, if you require assistance from a medical practitioner for anxiety and depression, do consult where needed.
Yes, there are challenges and YES you can overcome it because of Jesus in you. Keep the focus and make sure that whatever you do, you do in God’s strength and not your own. You are a victor and not a victim. Stand on victory ground and show the enemy who is in control. You can do it! (Philippians 4:13).
Remember, “And not only that but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.” (Romans 5:3 – 5).
Remember, you have authority in Jesus Christ. If you gave your heart to Jesus, it means that you have the authority of Christ, in you. (Luke 10:19). Do not fear, Christ in you is stronger than he who is in the world (1 John 4:4). He has overcome every possible challenge, on the cross (John 16:33). God will not allow things to come on your path, that you cannot bear (1 Corinthians 10:13). He wants you to submit all challenges to Him.
Yes, you will have to face battles, but with Christ in you, His victory is your victory. He will help you to conquer by giving you Godly understanding, wisdom, knowledge and strength to see all battles through. Even if you do not understand, you will have to trust Him unconditionally (Proverbs 3:5). So, stand firm in your faith (Isaiah 7:9), do not be afraid (Joshua 1:9) and ask the Lord what you need to do (James 1:5).
Continue to speak over yourself: God is my rock; I will not be defeated.” – Psalm 62:2.
Love in Christ, Princess K